Shop hand and/or Delivery Driver
Availability: Open to full-time and part-time applicants.
Preferred work schedule for a full-time Shop Hand/Delivery Driver is Tuesday 8am-4pm, Wednesday - Saturday from 11am-4pm.
Preferred work schedule for a part-time Shop Hand and/or Delivery Driver has shift availability/ selection of any the following days: Wednesday 11am-2pm, Thursday 11am-2pm, Friday 10am-2pm, Saturday 11am-2pm
You are naturally a strong communicator and a team player, who loves the versatility of supporting a small business in all aspects. You excel at executing tasks and taking initiative on defined priorities.
Our shop hand is a foundational team member to the operations at Brave Floral, and you'll play an integral role as a member of the team at-large. As a shop hand, you’ll assist with an assortment of tasks in and out of the shop, for events and on behalf of Brave Floral.
Core responsibilities and expectations for this position include making daily local deliveries in the Brave Floral shop van, picking up fresh material, supplies, and orders from local vendors and wholesalers, assisting with the processing of fresh flowers for our floral designers, running errands like shopping for materials and hardware, general shop cleaning, maintenance, handy person tasks, and event installation and breakdown. As a team member of Brave Floral, you will uphold the standards of Brave Floral service and values on a day-to-day basis.
- Delivery & Pick-up Support (50%)
- Conducting shop deliveries - mostly within 10 miles of the shop, but as far as 100 miles from the shop for special events.
- Picking up vendor and wholesale orders from locales within NJ, NY and PA
- Communicating with customers and/or vendors on an as-needed basis/troubleshooting
- Event and External Project Support (30%)
- Managing loading in/loading out/breaking down of event materials
- Cleaning and organizing production space to ensure tidy appearance at all times, including work space and vehicles
- Assisting with local container gardening projects and installations
- General Shop Support (20%)
- Shopping for supplies and materials for events and retail
- Painting, patching, general assembly of goods
- Organizing storage unit and inventory area
- Cleaning and organizing shop space
- Sanitizing of floral buckets and misc. tools used in the shop on a daily basis
- Breaking down of boxes, removal of rubbish
- Performing routine cleaning throughout shop
- Must have 1+ years of prior job experience in any delivery, customer service or production capacity
- Flower or garden retail/studio experience preferred, but not required
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have a reliable vehicle & driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be comfortable driving on highways and in city traffic
- Must have cell phone with GPS, text message and photo capabilities
- Flexible schedule including weekends
- Must be able to stand for up to (8) hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to work well under pressure managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to perform daily tasks
- High school diploma or higher
- Proficient in English reading & writing