Join Our Team
We are a tiny, but mighty, team of go-getters, problem solvers, and creative thinkers. We are big into playlists, morning coffees, composting, design, and the latest IG gossip. We aren't afraid to dream big, or use a drill. If you're interested in joining a team that genuinely cares, likes having fun, but also gets down to business, then let's chat.
Below are our current openings. If you don't see something here that's an exact match, email us and let us know why you think you'd be a great addition to our tiny crew.
Updated as of November 6, 2020
Production & Design Associate, Part-time
Purpose: To cross-functionally support Brave Floral within the shop setting, for exterior client installations, special events, or any project/job that requires design and production support. Upholds standards of Brave Floral service and values on a day-to-day basis.
- Retail/customer service (30%)
- Responsible for selling hard goods such as vases, ceramics, soaps and candles; learning about each vendor and artist in order to properly speak to it to customers
- Engaging customers upon entering and while in the store
- Assisting call-in or walk-in customers with orders based on budgetary and color needs
- Unpacking or processing new inventory upon arrival
- Ensuring shop space is in tip-top shape at all times
- Opening and closing tasks if within the shop
- Floral design responsibilities (40%)
- Expert on florals in the retail space - knowing about the longevity of each flower type/stem available in the shop at any given time, seasonality, farm availability, stylistic approach, packaging/delivery processes and protocol
- Fulfilling walk-in or online orders whether fresh or dried bouquet, or fresh or dried arrangement
- Miscellaneous design tasks on as-needed basis, such as assisting with dried wreaths and display updates
- Exterior design tasks (30%)
- Fulfill/install orders for planter box, exterior decor, or orders requiring service at the customer’s home or place of business on an as needed basis - i.e. residential or commercial accounts
- Shop and source product for fulfillment of said orders from Brave Floral approved vendors based on budget, style and need
- Correspond with new customers with intake of order, or follow up with existing customers to refresh or upcoming service offerings
- Assist on special event projects requiring on-site presence for design & production
- 2+ years of flower freelance or floral design work in a shop setting
- High school diploma or higher
- Proficient in English reading & writing
- Proficient with iPad and iMac usage
- Flexible schedule including weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to perform daily tasks
To apply, email your resume & portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line "Production & Design Associate, P/T - [insert the name of the song that best describes your personality]".