Availability: Open to part-time, full-time, and freelance applicants. Part-time applicants should be available to work 2-3 days per week. Full-time applicants should be available to work 5-6 days per week. Freelance applicants are open to scheduling on a project, event, or as-needed basis for holidays, events, and weekends.
You're curious, resourceful and open-minded. You know design styles, form and color palettes. You enjoy using flowers as a medium of art and design, but also understand the efficiency and quick pace required for an operational flower shop or working on-site at an event for installation and set up timelines.
You can work both independently and on a larger team, taking direction well, and interpreting that into your work. You are level-headed and maintain composure under pressure and time constraints. We're looking for designers of intermediate to advanced levels of floral experience to join the team in several different capacities. You are expected to know how to design hand-tied bouquets, foam-free arrangements, funeral arrangements, personal flowers and wreaths using fresh and dried materials.
Any member of the Brave Floral crew is expected to uphold standards of Brave Floral service and values on a day-to-day basis.
- Must have 2+ years of prior job experience in your respective field
- Must have a portfolio of previous floral design work
- Retail floral design or event floral design experience a plus
- Formal floral design training from accredited institution a plus
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must provide a Certificate of Insurance for liability coverage (Freelance roles only)
- Must have a reliable vehicle or transportation
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of different flower types and proper floral care
- Flexible schedule including Saturday and Sunday
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to work well under pressure managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to perform daily tasks
- High school diploma or higher
- Proficient in English reading & writing
- Proficient with iPad and iMac usage