Availability: Open to part-time or full-time applicants. Daily shop hours are 10am-4pm. Part-time applicants should be available to work 2-3 days per week. Full-time applicants should be available to work 5-6 days per week. Preferred applicants will have at least 1 weekend day available for scheduling.
You’ve never met a stranger and you're curious about people and products. You’re a natural conversationalist, love to be the welcoming host to all your friends, and always remember a new acquaintance’s name.
Our retail associates are a supporting role within Brave Floral with the key focus on all aspects of shop and retail. This is a customer-facing position, requiring a passion and strong desire to learn and educate customers about florals, plants, and our curated selection of hard goods. We enjoy sourcing unique and beautiful homewares and appreciate team members who enjoy a similar sense of style. Competencies in interpersonal communications, customer service and problem solving are a must.
Any member of the Brave Floral crew is expected to uphold standards of Brave Floral service and values on a day-to-day basis.
- Retail & Customer Service (50%)
- Responsible for selling hard goods such as vases, ceramics, soaps and candles; educating customers about each vendor and artist
- Manage the fresh flower bar; educating customers on type and care
- Assist with processing new product inventory upon arrival
- Prep packaging for daily orders and deliveries
- Plant Care (25%)
- Tending to plants currently in the shop and outdoors; watering on weekly basis, pruning and problem-solving any ailments/pests
- Ensuring all retail plants are properly marked and tagged with plant care and pricing
- Processing incoming/new plants into the shop
- Repotting for shop inventory and customer orders
- Assisting customers with plant sales and offering recommendations based on needs
- Shop Upkeep (25%)
- Cleaning and organizing shop space to ensure tidy appearance at all times, including floors, windows, surfaces
- Sanitizing of floral buckets and misc. tools used in the shop on a daily basis
- Breaking down of boxes, removal of rubbish
- Performing routine cleaning throughout shop
- Must have 2+ years of prior job experience in retail, or other customer service related role
- Flower or plant retail shop experience a plus
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have reliable transportation
- Flexible weekly schedule including Saturday and Sunday
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to work well under pressure managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to perform daily tasks
- High school diploma or higher
- Proficient in English reading & writing
- Proficient with iPad and iMac usage