Prayer Plant (Maranta leuconeura), named for Bartolomeo Maranta, an Italian physician and botanist of the sixteenth century, is a low-growing plant native to Brazil. It gets its common name from the fact that its leaves stay flat during the day and then fold up like praying hands at night. It has deep green, velvety leaves with yellow splotches down the midrib and arching red veins traveling to the leaf margins. A slow-grower, the prayer plant can eventually reach up to a foot in height indoors.
- 5" diameter
- Colorways: Blue Indigo, White, Forest Green
- Porcelain ceramic with hand gloss glaze
- Drainage hole with removable stopper
- Keep soil moist but not wet.
- Plant will droop significantly when in need of water, but resuscitates quickly.
We do not ship plants. Available for pickup or delivery